Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Word-Filled Wednesday ~#16~ 1/19/11


PASSAGE: Hebrews 11:1 ~ "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for & certain of what we do not see."

Joshua 1:5(b), 6(a), 7
~ "As I [God] was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong &
courageous...Be strong & very courageous..."


Esther 4:14(b) ~ "And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"

LESSON LEARNED: Faith & courage. Have you ever noticed how they go together; how they must go together? Have you given thought as to why the Lord put us into this period of time? Perhaps it's because He has something planned for you & I...for such a time as this.

The Lord brings us through so much in our lives, He allows us to go through different, very personal trials & triumphs. And each & every one of those experiences makes us a person that He can use in very personal ways. The whole scale of our pre-Christ days of sin, our successes & everything in-between have all given us experiences that we can use to empathize with someone who is heading down a road we have traveled upon...good or bad, rocky or smooth.
Be strong & courageous! You are a person with experience that someone may listen to. You may be in their life for such a time as this.

We
know that we serve a God Who owns the cattle on 1,000 hills (Ps. 50:10) & Who spoke the entire world & all of creation into existence (Gen. 1) & yet, in His mercy & grace, He chooses to use us. We have all experienced miracles & answers to prayer; use those memories & the sweet, true promises of Scripture to exercise your muscles of faith, to be bold & courageous for the Lord. This is not a license for rudeness, but opportunities to act upon what we know. What lives can we affect for the Lord? As my pastor said in last Sunday's sermon: "Our service is not about 'what's in it for me?' but 'How can I reach the world w/the gospel?'"

Opportunities abound. Opportunities to be
courageous enough to act upon our faith...for such a time as this.

{Be sure to leave a link to YOUR Word-Filled Wednesday!}

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

1 comment:

  1. Thanks I needed that. Feeling that feeling of "what am I doing here?" I know the Lord has a plan. I just have to be patient until I figure out what it is. Thanks for the comment on my blog. Comments are always so much fun to get. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails