Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#105~ 1/11/11



For Today...


Outside my window...
Snow, snow, snow. Big, fluffy falling snow. It's beautiful.

I am thinking...
that the snow may stop being so beautiful when I have to dig my car out & drive in it to work later today. :-/

I am thankful for...
a warm, toasty house; hot soup on a cold day. That my stomach flu was short-lived.

From the kitchen...
lots of chicken noodle soup for DD#2 who caught my stomach flu.

I am wearing...
jeans, brown socks, rust thermal shirt.

I am remembering...
that 25 yrs ago today, our precious Jessica became an angel.

I am going...
to dig my car out of the snow & go to work, later today.

I am reading...
Bible; Homeopathic Remedies.

I am hoping...
that DD#2's stomach flu ends quickly & that DH doesn't catch it, too!

I am creating...
a peaceful, Christ-filled home.

I am hearing...
radio, washer & dryer, DD#2 watching Lord of the Rings' "Return of the King"...long movies are great when you're sick.

I am noticing...that I like to 'baby' my family when they're sick. Once a mommy, always a mommy, no matter how old they are. :-)

Around the house...
picking up from messes made when I was sick, making soup, unwrapping pop-cycles to sooth an up-set stomach.

One of my favorite things...
eating a hand-full of fluffy new snow.

Plans for the week...family time, work, trying to make time to see DD#1 around our schedules since I was sick on her birthday.

Pondering these words...
"Making disciples means helping people discover authentic relationship w/Jesus Christ...who will help others discover...who will help others discover...who will help others discover...who will help others discover..."

Scripture thought...Luke 18:27 ~ "
Jesus replied, 'What is impossible with men is possible with God.'"

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Jessica ~ my little auburn-haired angel.

Enjoy 100's of other Daybooks at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook!


Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

1 comment:

  1. I had such a sweet feeling while I was reading your post today. It is always so hard to have stomach flu; that is the worst; I hope not to experience that this year. My husband and I were just discussing that we might like to watch the Lord of The Rings again. Also, I was just looking up some alternative medicines for a chronic dry cough that I have. If you have any ideas let me know. A very sweet picture of your angel baby.
    Have a lovely week and blessings to you! LeAnn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails