Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#85~ 8/3/10


For Today...

Outside my window...grey skies trying to rain; cicadas & songbirds competing to see who can be the loudest.
I am thinking...of our daughters & the decisions they make...good and bad.
I am thankful for...good health; and that I'm FINALLY able to log onto my blog again!! Just a fluky thing...I got on yesterday, logged off for a little while, tried to log back on before going to work &...THEN...couldn't get back on AGAIN! But I was able to get on this morning...whew! I'll never figure out why this happens. :-/ Just grateful to be on here today.
From the kitchen...a new loaf of bread rising, making laundry detergent. Will probaby stir-fry some lovely squash that Renee gave me.
I am wearing...jeans & a t-shirt.
I am remembering…that the Lord doesn't give me a talent or put a deep desire in my heart unless He plans to do something w/it.
I am going…to take DD#2 to work in a few minutes.
I am reading...Bible: Revelation.
I am hoping...for the swift answer to prayers!

On my mind…my mom...her dimentia is causing more problems. Sad & aggrevating at the same time.
I am creating...a Christ-centered home.
I am hearing...the radio, DD#2 getting ready for work; cicadas so loud that, even outside my window, they sound like they're right next to me. Fortunately, I enjoy the sound. :-)
Noticing that…the joy of the Lord is my strenght & that His joy is far different from being 'happy' all the time. The best part is when they happen at the same time!
Pondering these words…"The destination affects the journey." ~From Sunday's sermon. Whether it's a vacation desitination, or traveling a long way to see a loved-one, or making our way through the trials & tribulations of this fallen world until we go to Heaven...all the miles, all the trials are worth it once we see the faces at the end of the journey!
Around the house...baking, making laundry detergent, laundry, light picking-up, etc.
One of my favorite things...reuniting w/loved ones we haven't seen for far too long. For the last 2 weekends, dear friends of ours came to our church ~ one was one of my best girlfriends from school! ~ and after church this week, we went to visit w/some friends who are up from Florida. A great day.
A Scripture thought...Romans 8:24-25 ~ "For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently." Most people say, "I hope so..." in a way that conveys doubt. Biblical hope is a CERTAINTY! Hope is the ability to live inthe present based on the PROMISE of future realities! ~from Sunday's sermon.
A few plans for the rest of the week...a week of having to squeeze in family time around all of our work schedules. I miss staying at home.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Reuniting w/old friends is such a treasure!

Enjoy other Daybooks at:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Blessings from Ohio, Kim Wolf<><

3 comments:

  1. I'm trying to tell myself that my mom's dementia is God's way of letting her rest, the unfortunate part is that she's forgotten how to. And the other day I thought why is He let her live like this, this isn't living, and then we found her in a very bad state, and have had to take corrective measures. Maybe that is her purpose, there are so many people who have no family and no one to act for them, maybe what we do for our mother will help someone else, and that is her purpose. Well yesterday was a good day, or part of it anyway. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Stay well, and know we are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to work on some baking! Our freezer has no bread or anything in it. It has just been too warm here to turn the oven on.

    I enjoyed your daybook. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to be able to see posts up from you again, Kim. I wanted to tell you that I am sorry that your mom's dementia is worsening. I will continue to pray for you and her. It has to be so hard to deal with.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails