Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Monday, June 3, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#192~ 6/3/13

 For Today . . . 

Outside my window . . . cloudy w/the occasional peek of sun. Unseasonably cool ~ high around 70* today.

I am thinking . . . that I can't believe my Daddy passed away 14 years ago, today. At time, it still seems like yesterday; at other times, it seems like forever.

I am thankful . . . that my children knew my parents & were able to enjoy them.

From the kitchen . . . yogurt w/cherries.

I am wearing . . . jeans, black tank top, black drapey, black scarf.

I am creating . . . a peaceful, Christ-centered home.

I am going . . . to go to work when my family comes home from work. It's a "tag team" kinda day.

I am wondering . . . which doors will open.

I am hoping . . . that I find them soon.

I am looking forward to . . . heaven.

I am learning . . . to move past the closed doors in search for the open ones.

About the house . . . general pick up from a messy weekend, laundry . . .

I am pondering . . . what's next.

I am reading . . . I Peter.

One of my favorite things . . . Oreo's dunked in milk.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . family time, work, planning & exploring, fact-gathering, researching for some up-coming blog posts . . .

A favorite quote for the day . . . "REALITY CHECK for those who say they don't like church because they have been hurt by someone in the church: on THIS SIDE OF HEAVEN you WILL be hurt by the church! BUT as the priesthood of believers, we are called to step out & help our brothers & sisters 'get right.' The Body of Christ is about redemption, forgiveness & sanctification." ~Notes from Sunday's sermon.

Scripture thought . . . "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him Who called you out of darkness into His glorious light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy . . . Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day He visits us." ~1 Peter 2:9-10, 12

A picture thought for you . . . 


 I LOVE this kitchen ~ the sink, the colors, the style ~ 
it calls my name. *sigh*
Connect with, read & start your own Daybook but going to Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook!

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy Oreo's with milk, too, Kim! I especially like the mint/chocolate ones dipped in milk! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your daybook entries. I learn something new about you every time. I love the New Testament and 1 Peter has great teachings for us all.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails