Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Word-Filled Wednesday ~#60~ What is Truth?

PASSAGE: "Pilate then went back inside the palace, summoned Jesus and asked Him, 'Are You the king of the Jews?' . . .

"Jesus said, 'My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But now My kingdom is from another place.'

"'You are a king, then!' said Pilate.

"Jesus answered, 'You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to Me.'

"'What is truth?' Pilate asked." ~John 18:33, 36-38(a)

"Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.'" ~John 14:6

LESSON LEARNED: This may be one of the shortest devotionals I've every written. As always, Jesus describes Himself better than anyone else ever could. HE IS THE way, truth and life and NO ONE comes to the Father except through Him.

THAT is truth.

Did you ever notice that after Pilate asked that important question, "What is truth?", that he didn't stick around to hear the answer? Our world is a lot like that, isn't it? Scared or the answer. People are searching for truth but never sticking around to listen to the truth of Christ. Except . . . during the holidays . . . Easter, in particular.

Let's be loving epistles of Christ this Easter season and be willing to answer earnest questions with The Truth.

Blessings from Ohio, Kim<><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails