Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Monday, March 5, 2012

Homemade Help for Dry, Rough Skin


{Google Image}

I don't know why, but for whatever reason I have had the worst "winter itch" this year that I can ever remember. From my elbows down to my hands, & from my knees down to my feet. It has driven me CRAZY!!!

I have tried my own wonderful healing salve & some specialty lotions from the health food store that I work at. They offer great relief, but now I'm left with some scarring & rough spots. :-(

What I need is a good, healing
oil. Good oils penetrate into the skin & can heal inside and out. I looked in my "Herbal Antibiotics" book & modified a healing oil recipe for my own needs. Hopefully, this will be something that will help you, too.

You will need:

Crock pot
1 c. of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 oz echinacea root
1/2 oz garlic granules
1/2 oz sage
Straining cloth/cheese cloth
Glass container w/tight-fitting lid or gasket lid (I like the gasket lids)

Directions:

{Google Image}
1) Add oil to crock pot (do NOT use aluminum or cast iron pots) & turn on "Low."
2) Grind herbs as fine as you can.
3) Add herbs to oil in crock pot.
4) Cover, heat on "Low" for 7 days.
5) On the 7th day, use pot holders to remove hot crock pot from the heating element & place on a cold burner on your stove, or a trivet, to cool.
6) Using a straining cloth/cheese cloth, strain the oil mixture into a
glass container.
7) Seal tightly & keep out of the sunlight; no need to refrigerate.

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

2 comments:

  1. I love it when you post your recipes. I too have really dry skin this year for some reason. Of course here in the west it is kind of dry; we don't have much humidity. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the recipe, Kim! This has been an "itchy" sort of winter for me, as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails