Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Homemade Taco Seasoning


Last night, I made tacos & burritos for supper. Since our finances dictated that I go back to work in 2010, & I work so many nights, I don't get to cook as much as I used to. Breaks my heart. I never thought I would miss cooking for them so much, but I surely do. One of my family's favorite things for me to fix has always been my tacos & burritos along w/my homemade Pico de Gallo. Mmmm mm!

So, as I was browning the meat & adding my taco seasoning, I realized that I hadn't ever given the recipe to YOU! Like I always say: Once you start making your own products ~ whether health & beauty, home cleaning, spice mixes, etc. ~ you won't want to go back.

Here's you'll need ~

~2 TB chili powder
~1/2 ts garlic granules or powder
~1/2 ts onion powder
~1/2 ts red pepper flakes
~1 ts oregano
~1 TB cumin
~2-1/2 ts sea salt OR real salt
~2 ts. ground pepper

Directions ~

1) With a whisk, blend all ingredients together
2) Store in a clean, re-used spice shaker container OR a container with a wide enough mouth to get a measuring spoon into. Both should seal tightly.
3) Use approximately 1 to 1-1/2 TB (or to taste) to each pound of taco meat.

Enjoy!

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe, Kim! This looks easy enough that even I won't have problems...LOL. I am enjoying all your posts and thank you for the time you put into them, as I know you are extra busy. Many blessings! Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thamk you for the recipe..I'll give it try..I'm sorry you have to return to the workforce..I work to help out also..lay off 3 years ago for my DH. What people want to pay cannot feed a family. I hope that you will be able to return to your home duties, I would like to return to mine....it is very difficult to do this when you heart and mind are not there...it is not what I would choose either..and it does break your heart...I've felt that emotion many times...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. I have taco seasoning from Costco...I couldn't believe the ingredients...names I cannot even pronounce...tells you something right? I will be making this ASAP.

    Thanks for the recipe.

    Blessings,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your recipe; I know it will be enjoyed. Blessings to you; I always enjoy your homemade recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails