Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Word-Filled Wednesday ~#5~ 9/1/10


PASSAGE: Psalm 22:9-11 ~~
Yet You brought me out of the womb; You made me trust in You even at my mother's breast. From birth I was cast upon you; from my mother's womb You have been my God. Do not be far from me, for trouble is near and there is no one to help.

LESSON LEARNED: At some point in all of our lives, we ask those age-old questions: Why was I born? Why am I here? Some find their answers & some never know until the Lord reveals it to them in Heaven. I've come to think that the latter might just be me...

"To begin at the beginnin'" ... I am a surviving twin. The "B" baby of the two. If I had been the "A" baby (the 1st into the birth canal), as my twin sister Kathy was, I would have been the one that the Dr. accidentally killed. Prissy, in Gone w/the Wind, couldn't have done any worse...he didn't "know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies!" Being a G.P. & not an O.B., not only did he not even know that we were twins, but we were Frank Breech to boot & his delivery 'method' tore the umbilical cord off of my sister pre-birth, which only allowed her to live about 4 hours. Myself, I suffered some trauma & didn't get out of the hospital until I was 6 weeks old.

From my mother's womb [He has] been my God ... When I was around 8 yrs old, a friend & I were swinging on my swing-set & we BOTH saw an angel!! Just a glimpse, in the sky & it dissolved away. But it was enough of a glimpse for us BOTH to drag our feet on the ground to stop our swinging & make sure the other saw it, too. Why were we allowed that sweet glimpse?


Other things have happened in my life that, after becoming a Christian at age 23 in 1982, I can see where the Lord MUST have some sort of plan for me - or someone in my lineage - because I've been saved from death many times over...
When I was a toddler, I was left in a car w/the engine running & passed out from the fumes, I had pneumonia when I was 2, I've been in 2 tornadoes ~ when I was 9 & again at band camp at 17, I've been in car wrecks & near misses from numerous other accidents, as a young woman living alone & working in downtown Dayton, Ohio I had a stalker ... but the worst of it all I did to myself by living a sinful life before I was so graciously, lovingly, mercifully, miraculously saved by accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord & Savior!

But He kept me. HE...kept...ME! Why? Have I influenced my children or someone else to strive for greatness or to be an influence to someone else? Will I, like Rahab (a prostitute who was in the line of Jesus' earthly [step-]father, Joseph) & in spite of my past sins, be in the lineage of someone who will do mighty things for the Lord? Will it be one of my children...grandchildren? Maybe someday, if the Lord tarries, I'll know before I am taken to Heaven, but I know that I'll know sometime in His eternity.


Nothing happens to any of us w/o purpose. I'm excited to find out.


Join Nancy at A Country Mom & myself & enjoy other Word-Filled Wednesdays! Be sure to let us know, in the comments, if you are joining us!


Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

1 comment:

  1. oh Kim, what a beautiful post! I do not pretend to understand His ways. Why somethings and not others happen. Why some go home and others are kept here on earth. But His ways are best. Why He allows things to happen in our lives is hard for me to understand sometimes but what I do know is it is His desire that all would come to a point of salvation and come to Him. Thank you for posting! I always love reading your devotions! Always seeping with grace :0

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails