Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#89~ 9/7/10


For Today...


Outside my window...lovely blue skies & sunshine, tree leaves turned up begging for the rain that will move in later this evening. The 1st leaves are changing on our Maple trees!!


I am thinking...that there are days when I miss those care-free days of childhood.


I am thankful for...my job, for being able to take some the financial stress off of my husband.


From the kitchen...bread in the oven & I'm about to make some more laundry detergent.


I am wearing...jeans & I'm 'pushing the season' by wearing a long-sleeved 'Autumn' t-shirt. :-)


I am remembering…how lovely our yard will be when the leaves change!


I am going…to go to work this evening...the closing shift ROCKS! '-)


I am reading...Bible: Psalms; & "The Maker's Diet."


I am hoping...that the Lord will give my mom peace as she drifts away from us in her dementia.


On my mind…how mean my mom is becoming in her mental 'unrest'. DD#1's choices.


I am creating...a Christ-centered home.


I am hearing...the radio, the washer & dryer, typing fingers.


Noticing that…even in the worst of times, the Lord has blessed me far more than I deserve. <3


Pondering these words…"We get upset about the strangest things & then blame God!"


Around the house...general clean up: mopping, running sweeper, dusting; baking, laundry, making more of a few household products: laundry detergent, toothpaste, foaming hand soap...


One of my favorite things...driving w/the sun-roof open!


A Scripture thought...Psalm 23 [selected verses] ~ (vs. 2) "HE makes me...HE leads me... (vs. 3) ...HE restores my soul...HE guides me... (vs. 4) ...YOU are w/me; YOUR rod & YOUR staff, they comfort me... (vs. 5) ... YOU prepare a table before me...YOU anoint my head w/oil..." ~~ In our mortal, fallible human state, we are as stupid as sheep! As our Good Shepherd, Jesus HAS to lead me where I need to go, restore what I screw up, guide me into His righteousness, comfort me when I STILL mess up ... & even after all my human efforts fail, He forgives me & prepares a fresh table of His delectables for me to savor & then heals me w/His annointing, healing oil. What a wonderful Shepherd!


A few plans for the rest of the week...work, supper/Bible study/worship practice at church, being the best I can be for the sake of Jesus Christ & His kingdom.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
I just simply enjoy this picture. It's so cozy & homey.


Blessings from Ohio, Kim Wolf<><

4 comments:

  1. Kim,

    I enjoyed reading your daybook entry - very heartfelt and sincere. I really enjoyed your pondering words for the day, "We get upset about the strangest things, and then blame God." How shamefully true this statement is as well as humbling. Lastly, I think your picture thought is lovely. I simply love artistic pictures and photographs. They are visually pleasant and delightful to view.

    Take care, and have a blessed day.

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I loved your daybook, one of these days I want to learn to make the laundry detergent and a few other things. It is all new to me but, I want to do what is best for my family and help with the budget. I love the Psalm you have too-one of my favorite books.
    Blessings to you my dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, praying for extra measures of understanding, peace & comfort for you as your mom enters this new stage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim,
    I enjoyed reading your post this week and love the picture that you shared. It does look very warm and cozy. We are starting to see the first little changes in the color of the leaves here, too. Praying with you and for you as you go through the changes with your momma and your life. May God bless your week.
    Hugs from WV,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails