Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Homemade Bath Salts


Here's one of the easiest ways to pamper yourself at the end of a long day. Once you start the water flowing into your tub, adjusted to just the perfect temperature, add 2 TB to 1/4 c of your favorite homemade bath salts to the water & let the yummy fragrance & the restoring benefits of the salt take away the stresses of your day!

This is surprisingly simple & also makes a great gift idea for Christmas, birthdays, house-warmings, wedding gifts, etc.

You will need:

~A mixing bowl & wooden spoon
~An airtight jar of other decorative container. It can be as large or small, plain (a canning jar) or as fancy (antique or fun shapes) as your wish! A little bit of ribbon or raffia goes a long way.
~1 c of Kosher salt, sea salt OR Epsom salts (I combine the Epsom salt w/one of the other two)
~20 drops of your favorite essential oil, or fragranced oil
~Food coloring (optional)
~Botanicals (optional)

Then...

Mix the ingredients well to make sure there are no clumps.

~Botanicals: Sometimes, if I use lavender essential oil, I like to crush a little of my lavender & sprinkle just enough into the mix to make it look pretty; if you use rose or ylang ylang oil, crush a dried rose petel into your mix; if you use sweet orange, crush a bit of dried orange peel into your mix...you get the idea. You can see in the photo below that it simply adds a little bit of 'interest' to the look of your salts. :-) HOWEVER, plain salts are just as attractive.

~Food coloring: this is completely optional as the natural-colored sea salts are pretty enough. Also, depending upon the oil you use, they may add a bit of tint to the color of the salts, themselves.

Use:
~about 2 TB - 1/4 c to your bath water.

~ENJOY!!

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><



4 comments:

  1. Interesting. I've never seen a recipe for making your own bath salts. It sound simple enough. I think I might try it sometime.

    Thanks for the tip. :)

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bath salts. Thanks for the lovely idea of making my own. What a great idea for a Christmas present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try this for christmas gifts. I really wish I had a bathtub!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails