- Always read & follow all label warnings & cautions.
- Keep oils tightly closed & out of the reach of children.
- Never ingest essential oils.
- Don't use undiluted oils on your skin. (Dilute w/vegetable oils such as sweet almond oil or grageseed oil [or liquid Castile soap ~KW<><])
- Skin test oils before using. Dilute an amount & apply to the skin on your inner arm. Do not use if redness or irritation occurs.
- Keep oils away from eyes & mucous membranes. [NOTE: some essential oils CAN be inhaled, such as Lavender ~ for stress & sleeplessness ~ it's important to know which ones can & cannot. ~KW<><]
- If redness, burning, itching or irritation occurs, stop using oils immediately.
- Angelica & ALL citrus oils make the skin more sensitive to ultraviolet light. Do not go out into the sun w/these oils on your skin.
- Sweet fennel, hyssop, sage & rosemary should not be used by anyone w/epilepsy.
- People w/high blood pressure should avoid hyssop, rosemary, sage & thyme.
OILS TO AVOID DURING PREGNANCY:
POSSIBLE SKIN IRRITANTS:
~Allspice, bitter almond, basil, cinnamon leaf, cinnamon bark, clove bud, sweet fennel, fir needle, lemon, lemongrass, melissa, peppermint, tea tree & wintergreen.
PLEASE NOTE: As a born-again Christian I DO NOT agree w/the New Age elements that many in the health food industry follow. I am an adult Christian trying to be a light in the world where the Lord has put me. ~KW<><