Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#84~ 7/6/10


For Today...

Outside my window...beautiful, sun-shiny day. But hot & humid Ohio weather!

I am thinking...about the loss of my dear friend.

I am thankful for...the leading of the Lord. How He puts important people in our lives...people who are REAL, stellar examples of Him working in & through someone. AND...Sunday's sermon: THE BEST sermon on the faith of our Founding Fathers I've EVER heard!

From the kitchen...a fresh loaf of flax seed bread. I still have coffee on & it smells lovely mixed w/the aroma of the freshly baking bread. Mmmmm...

I am wearing...shorts bibbed over-alls, tan shirt, summer bare feet!

I am remembering…all the friends who were touched by Sono Harris' life & ministry. I've kept a list of at least 16 families who are friends that used to attend The Event (young adult's Bible study at Wright State University) &/or who went to Grace Fellowship Church when Gregg Harris was our pastor, to keep them up-dated on what has been going on w/Sono. I still keep in touch w/most of them on a fairly regular basis, but, to think of our SPECIAL these people are in my life & that it's all b/c of Gregg & Sono that we know them! We have been blessed!

I am going…to weed my little garden (I hope!), go to work later today.

I am reading...Bible: Mark.

I am hoping...that we hear SOON about DH's job interview he had last week. It went very well, I just hope it went well enough for them to hire HIM. We probably won't know anything for another week. Bummer. :-/

On my mind…many things...time w/my family, our daughters, praying for our friends in the time of grieving, $$, DH's job prospects...

I am creating...a peaceful, Christ-centered home.

I am hearing...the radio, cicadas calling out in the heat of the day.

Noticing that…for some reason, some of my Playlist got knocked off. I need to see if I can fix that! :-?

Pondering these words…John Jay, 1st Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court: "We MUST elect Christian leaders for our Christian nation."

Around the house...general tidying, laundry, weeding, baking bread...

One of my favorite things...looking through old photos.

A Scripture thought...Isaiah 43:3(a)-4 ~ "For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...Since you are precious & honored in My sight, & because I love you."

A few plans for the rest of the week...squeezing in as much family time as we can around eveyone's work schedules, getting outside as much as possible & enjoying the summer weather we've waited all winter for :-), Sunday: worship w/the saints!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Thank you for letting me endulge, just one more time, in honoring my dear friend. This is Gregg & Sono just a mere 2 weeks ago. Now, she's dancing before the Throne of God!

Enjoy other Daybooks at:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/


Blessings from Ohio, Kim Wolf<><

3 comments:

  1. I was so sorry to hear about the passing of Sono Harris. Thank you for sharing about her and your friendship.

    I love looking at old photographs, too.

    I hope your husband gets the job!!!

    Have a great week! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the loss of your dear friend and mentor. It is a hope of mine to find someone for our family like she and her husband were to yours. May God bless someone near to you as He used her to bless you so. *smile* I may already be taking place and it may be something coming up. *smile* Have a beautiful humid day there in Ohio knowing God is love. Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for the Harris family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails