Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Pantry Tins

As shown in a previous post, I collect AND use antique & reproduction tins. And CHRISTmas is no different.
These are the CHRISTmas tins I have on top of my Hoosier Hutch. Most are changed for the season, but a few stay all year. There are a couple that I simply turn from one side to another b/c they have 2 or 4 seasons depicted on them. Love those! One of my prized 'tins' is actually a metal Disneyland lunch box that had been my older brother's; one side has a 'warm weather' scene on it & then I turn it around in the winter on the 'cold weather' side w/the snowy Matterhorn Mountain.

Then, I change out the shelf that my dear Daddy made for me. Some of my favorites are my maple syrup tins shaped like log cabins, the wolf family '-) & the manger scene.

I don't remember where I got the one w/the manger scene on it, but it is always the central focal point to my display every year. It's lovely.
It certainly seems like everyone likes Currier & Ives in the winter! I have several of these lovely scenes, even in my larger popcorn-sized tins.
It's always fun to change things around a little, especially when the seasons change. Each season has it's own look & feel & it helps us - or me, at least - to enjoy it even more when I welcome it into my home.
Blessings from Ohio...

2 comments:

  1. I've probably have said before...I LOVE the tins! Years ago, I had a girlfriend (we were both young military wives and I've since lost track of her) and she collected tins. Thanks to her influence, I always take time to peek at the tins at the antique stores and own more than a person who doesn't collect them should :)

    Happy New Year & Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat. I did tins for a while. I changed now but I love the ones you can turn around for a different scene. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails