Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Word-Filled Wednesday ~#144~ Servant Leadership


" . . . whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave ~ just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom from many." ~Matthew 20:26(b)-28 [Jesus speaking]


It seems that all of my life, I have been put in positions as a servant. Even in ANY leadership role I have had, I have been in the position as a servant ~ THE Man's helpmate, mother, daughter, homeschool teacher. Nearly every job outside the home I've ever had has been in some sort of servant capacity ~ sales, speaker. Some other positions were as a servant/leader ~ county homeschool coordinator, homeschool support group leader, speaker, writer, blogger, workshop instructor, worship leader. 

It seems that all of my leadership opportunities have been combined with servitude. And as a follower of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I find it encouraging that He would choose to gift me with those positions. 

In many ways, those positions are heavy and emotional; some of those positions consume a great deal of time and hand holding. Some of them put one is a humble position of giving of yourself, whether it be prayer, time, advice, instruction, emotional/mental stress and, at times, physically hard work. 

But in most cases, it is well worth it when the Lord lets you see fruit from your labor, whether it's a successful project or an answer to prayer. It's worth it.


I hope that the end result of any servant/leadership that I offer is that of an encourager . . . if I can do it, so can YOU. I hope that anything anyone learns from me ~ personally, through my work, through my blog, through my writing, through my workshops ~ that as a sinner saved by grace, having learned life lessons in the School of Hard Knocks ~ I hope to be considered as one who has walked along side and shared lessons learned . . . a servant/leader.


Who was a great servant/leader in your life?

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails