Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Homemade Night Cream ~ for Normal to Oily Skin


If you've read my blog for any length of time, you know that I ~ and my whole family ~ have oily, acne-prone skin. Ick. :-( I'll tell ya, when you're 56 (as of this writing) and your face is STILL a grease ball, it gets a little old. My HUGE saving graces are my own homemade oily skin face wash and my astringent/toner. They keep my oily skin completely zit free and I RARELY stray from that path.

As for keeping my skin moist and supple, I love (love, love, LOVE) hyaluronic acid. Your skin recognizes it as something is used to make a lot of and, therefore, uses it to the max. I use this after cleansing and toning every day and night.

But I have wondered if I might need a little extra umph in the evening, so I found an interesting recipe and then ~ of course ~ you know me ~ tweaked it to, hopefully, hydrate AND help me remain acne-free.

Now . . . a word about "hydrating" vs "moisturizing." Something I learned years ago, when I worked for Clinique (before I became a free-lance make-up artist; seems like another life ago), is that American women have completely lost the meaning of hydrating and moisturizing. Somewhere along the road, we were suckered into thinking that to moisturize we HAVE to use icky, gooey, greasy creams in order to keep our skin youngish and supple.

WRONG!

What our skin really calls out for HYDRATION. The two things, in my humble opinion (and experience), that are the closest to what our skin produces, to natural hydration, are hyaluronic acid and coconut oil. 

So . . . here's what I'm thinking . . . I'm going to make my luscious, fluffy oily skin face cream and use it at night and my hyaluronic acid during the day, under my makeup. 

Anyone want to try this with me?


Here's what we will need:

~1 c. coconut oil (in it's solid state)
~1/2 ts. frankincense essential oil
~1/2 ts. tea tree ess. oil
~1/4 ts. lavender ess. oil
~3 drops thieves oil
~3 drops lemongrass ess. oil
~2 drops clove ess. oil

Directions:

1) blend together with a spoon or a blender on low (for a fluffier blend).
2) lightly apply for face and neck.

**This would probably make a great foot cream, too.

Let me know how you like it.

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

2 comments:

  1. where do purchase the hyaluronic acid from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get mine at the health food store where I work, others sell it, too. Or you can click on the link in the post and order the one I use from there. Enjoy :-)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails