Thursday, January 29, 2015
Sweet Almond and Flax Bread
Well, as a dear co-worker of mine would say, "I'm a bread-head." I LOVE bread and have baked our own for years. Our family's favorite is my flax bread and over the last year we have changed our eating habits and I am making more Ezekiel bread. But I modified my original bread and have come up with another yummy version ~ Sweet Almond and Flax Bread. My family loves it and since I average 2 loaves of bread a week, I've been making this one every-other-time.
You will love this sweet taste and soft texture. Almost melts in your mouth.
You will need:
~2 ts. butter
~1-1/4 c. hot water
~3 c. unbleached bread flour
~1 c. almond flour/meal
~1/4 c. flax meal
~5 ts. turbinado sugar (Sugar in the Raw)
~1-1/2 ts. sea salt
~1 heaping TB. Saff yeast
~grape seed oil (spray, if possible)
**Hint** the best breads with the best rise comes from HOT water and COLD yeast. Let your water run until it is hot enough to start melting the butter, but not boiling and always keep your yeast in the refrigerator.
1) Add ingredients to your bread maker IN ORDER as listed; make a "well" in the center of the ingredients and pour the yeast in last
2) Set bread maker on "dough" setting; let your machine do all the mixing and the first rise
3) About 10-15 minutes before dough is ready, set your oven on "warm" and let it be warming
4) When machine is finished, TURN OVEN OFF, spray loaf pan with grape seed oil, remove dough from machine and transfer into bread pan
5) Gently and with quick pats, pat your dough into shape and round out any edges
6) Set dough, in pan, in the warmed oven and let it rise for 30 minutes
7) At end of last rise, set oven at 375 degrees and bake for 27 minutes; I know that's a weird amount of time, but trust me :-)
8) Remove delicious bread from oven and pop out onto cooling rack
9) DO NOT slice until it is cool, you will crush your beautiful loaf
Let me know how much you LOVE this bread!
Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><