Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Homemade Antibacterial Sprays

Germs and viruses are around all the time, but at this time of year, they are EVERYWHERE! As many of you know, I work at a health food market and we wait on SO MANY sick people. We handle their dirty money and credit cards, they breathe on us and ~ as so many sick people who just wish they were home in bed are unmeaningly apt to do ~ they sigh deeply and exhale their germs RIGHT in our faces. :-O It's everything we can do to not catch their colds and flu and not bring those germs home to our families.

Something I do is make a few different types of antibacterial room and hand sprays.
My favorite and most used is my Thieves Oil. It's made with the 5 historic essential oils and you will never want or need another. I make a master mix in a 2 oz. dropper bottle, I also keep a 1 oz. essential oil bottle in my purse and I take it with me EVERYWHERE, especially to work. At work, I keep it in my apron pocket where it is right at my fingertips. At home, I use my Thieves Oil in a room spray ~ simply put 25-30 drops of Thieves in a 4 oz. misting/spray bottle and fill the rest of the way with distilled water, shake well before each use. Use this spray in the bathroom, as a room spray and as a spray-on hand sanitizer. As a side note ~ for added protection, I use Thieves in my homemade toothpaste and add a drop or two to my favorite herbal teas.

Another favorite that I keep in the kitchen is my rosemary and peppermint spray. In a 4 oz. misting/spray bottle, use 10 drops of peppermint and 20 drops of rosemary, fill the rest with distilled water, shake well before using. This will open up stuffy sinuses, cleans hands and is a lovely room freshener anytime of year. 

Keep your family and yourself well this year, inside and out. For the inside, don't forget my medicinal tea blends.

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails