Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Word-Filled Wednesday ~#113~ Treasured Possession

"'They are Mine," says the LORD Almighty, 'in the day when I make up My treasured possession, I will spare them, just as in compassion a man spares his son who serves him. And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not . . . But for you who revere My Name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall." ~Malachi 3:17-19; 4:2


Do have a treasured possession? Perhaps and picture of a lost loved one, something that belonged to a love one, a memento from a once-in-a-lifetime trip . . . ? Isn't it lovely to look upon that item and think of who or what it represents? 

I have my parents' wedding rings and I often wear one of them, especially on their birthdays or their anniversary. It's a way that I can still feel them with me in some way. I have a small collection of canes that my grandpa made from tree branches, these have come in handy during illnesses when walking was a chore and now, THE Man uses one. I have three beautiful fall scene paintings from an artist in West Virginia that my grandma had in her home, my parents had in their home and I have had throughout our nearly 30 years of marriage. 

Treasured possessions.

Did you know that YOU are God's treasured possession? Incredible, isn't it?! Having accepted Jesus as our Savior, WE have been adopted into God's family (Eph. 1:5). And just as we treasure our children and things that remind us of them, so God, our Heavenly Father, adores and treasures all that reminds Him of us.

Treasured possessions.

YOU are one of God's treasured possessions. 

Amazing love.

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Kim. Thank you for sharing this today - just what I needed to hear. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails