Friday, December 20, 2013
Homemade Pain Relief Salve
I recently posted my recipe for homemade camphor oil and salve. LOVE it. It is good for so many things ~ from colds to pain relief.
Here's another REALLY great pain relief salve that also contains camphor. If you like that instant cooling effect of some of the popular muscle and joint ointments, salves and balms, you may just like this better than my original oil and salve. And . . . it's easy peasy. :-)
You will need:
~2 ts of grated beeswax
~1/2 c raw coconut oil (NEVER refrigerate your coconut oil)
~2 ts camphor oil OR crystals
~2 ts menthol oil OR 5-7 drops peppermint essential oil
~5-7 drops eucalyptus essential oil
~various small containers (mini Ball canning jars work well)
1) slowly melt the beeswax and coconut oil together until melted; stirring as it melts to help it along. **You may choose to simply slowly melt them on VERY low heat, or in a double boiler, or at 20 second intervals in your microwave.
2) once it is melted, remove from heat and let cool only about 5 minutes and then add all of your oils and the camphor crystals if you're using them instead of the oil.
3) stir until completely blended
4) carefully pour into your container(s) and let cool.
5) once it has cooled, rub the salve wherever you need that deep, cooling relief. A little will go a long way, as it will "liquify" when it warms on your skin.
Let me know how much you LOVE this!
Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><