Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Word-Filled Wednesday ~#97~ Evidence Enough?

"Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the Name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demon-possessed. They would say, 'In the Name of Jesus, whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out.' . . . One day the evil spirit answered them, 'Jesus I know, and I know about Paul, but who are you?'" ~Acts 19:13, 15 [emphasis, mine]
Let me ask you a question: If in your lifetime there should come a day when Christianity is made illegal, would your life demonstrate enough evidence of your faith that you would be recognized, tried and convicted as a Christian?

The verses above and that question really make me think. If I were driving out demons in the Name of Jesus, would they already know me because I walk my talk ~ or ~ would they not know me because my life is too much like the people they aren't concerned enough about to bother with?

We already know that demons shudder at the Name of Jesus (James 2:19), but is our name associated with His? Does evil wish we would just stay in bed every morning because we are Jesus' hands and feet in a lost world? Do those who know us, or who we meet during our day, see Jesus in us? 

I'm not trying to lay a guilt trip on anyone, but simply to make us think. I want to know the answer for myself because I want to be guilty ~ not guilty of sin, but guilty of openly living, walking, talking and maybe even dying for the Jesus in me (Romans 10:15). I want to be guilty of being salt and light (Matt. 5:13-16). I want to be guilty of being sealed by the Holy Spirit (Eph. 1:13). I want to be guilty of being bought and washed by the blood of the spotless Lamb of God (Rev. 7:14). I want to be guilty of being a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17). I want to be guilty of being loved and protected as the apple of God's eye (Ps. 17:8).

Well . . . I am. We are. Does it show?
Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails