Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Like Ripples in a Pond

"I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners ~ of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display His unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on Him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen." ~1 Timothy 1:13-17

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." ~Eph. 2:10


I don't know where your faith walk with the Lord started or how far you have come, but ~ as I often say ~ I have lived two utterly and completely different lives. I once heard a dear, life-long friend tell our daughters "I grew up in church, but I never really believed God changed lives until I saw Him change your mom." [paraphrasing]

Paul's words in 1 Timothy are my "life verse." His description of his former life before Christ and how Jesus showed him such loving, unmerited mercy is my story, as well. 

But why me? I am a surviving twin . . . why me? I have endured trials and enjoyed successes . . . why me? The Lord chose to answer my prayer of salvation and completely changed my life . . . why me? Why you? It's simple . . . we are HIS instruments, we are HIS workmanship. HE has put us into places and in the paths of people who need Him. Jesus has set us into ponds teaming with life under that surface ~ lives that need Him. We are plopped down into those ponds to let the ripples of our lives which have been touched by His grace, mercy, forgiveness and love expand and wash over the lives of those we love, those we work with, those we live around . . . everyone within the reach of our ripples.

We have a story to tell. Someone is dying to hear it.

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

2 comments:

  1. Good words! When my kids ask "why me?" because of a trial they are going through, I ask them "why not you?" God has a plan for each of us. Go with it, do what we can with it, enjoy what we can out of it to the GLORY of GOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! It sounds as if you have much to share...and to be thankful for. I appreciate your boldness for the Lord. May you continue to grow in Him and may others come to know him because they know you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails