Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Monday, August 19, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#199~ 8/19/13



For Today . . . 

Outside my window . . . dark sky, full moon. I'm writing that at night instead of morning, today.

I am thankful . . . to be able to bring in a paycheck, since THE Man was laid off 2 weeks ago.

I am thinking . . . that I hope one of his interviews turns into a fantastic job . . . SOON.

From the kitchen . . . roast beef sandwiches.

I am wearing . . . jammies ~ getting ready to bed; early to work in the morning.

I am creating . . . a peaceful, Christ-centered home.

I am going . . . to talk to someone very important later this week . . .

I am wondering . . . at the outcome . . .

I am hoping . . . that it turns out really well :-)

I am looking forward to . . .  when the ball starts rolling.

I am learning . . . that God embraces the desire of my heart just as much as I do.

About the house . . . clogged kitchen drain. Not fun.

I am pondering . . . timing.

I am reading . . . Acts

One of my favorite things . . . reunions with old friends. My friend from high school, Shelly, was "back home" from Texas this past week. We got to see each other for a few short hours while she was here. What a blessing.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . family time, work, doing a few more homeschool assessments, interview, worship . . .

A favorite thought for the day . . . "When God puts someone in my path and there's an opportunity to share the Gospel with them, don't worry ~He's in control ~ He's already spent years working everything out so that we could come together for this very moment. He has personally arranged the opportunity." ~from Sunday's sermon.

Scripture thought . . . "When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you  the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so the your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power." ~1 Cor. 2:1-5 ~~Whenever I do a workshop or am asked to speak before a group, I always open my presentation with this Scripture.

A picture thought for you . . . 


Read 100's of other Daybooks and register to start your own at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook!

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little late getting around to catching up on blog reading. I've had a rough week physically and just haven't taken the time. Kim, I am so sorry to learn about your husband being laid off from his job. I will be praying along with you that he has a good interview that will put him back to work soon. I will also be praying about the important appointment you mentioned for the end of the week!

    Hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for your hubby's job search. God will provide.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails