From time-to-time, everyone needs a good eye wash. Whether it's simply for tired eyes, to wash out dust particles or an eyelash or for conjunctivitis ~ a.k.a. ~ the dreaded pink eye.
This herbal eye wash is great for all of that, including pink eye.
You will need:
~EITHER an eye cup, a well sealing bottle w/an eye dropper, a well cleaned and sanitized used eye dropper bottle or a new essential oil bottle
~1 TB powdered comfrey root
~1 ts powdered organic goldenseal
~1 c boiling water
1) Mix together the herbs and the boiling water.
2) Strain through a VERY FINE strainer, coffee filter, or 2-3 layers of muslin or cheese cloth
- BE SURE to stain the liquid as well as possible, you do not want any herb particles washing into your eye
4) Using your eye cup or dropper, wash your eye(s) several times per day; as often as needed
My favorite type of eye dropper bottle is the type used by Similasan ~ a homeopathic company. Their products are great, but there's nothing like making your own.
Their bottles have a dropper-top ~ all you have to do is tip the bottle & squeeze the top. Love it. The dropper/lids screw right off, so they are easily washed and re-used. You can also use a new or well cleaned essential oil bottle, as they have a built-in dropper top as well.
Another way to use this mix:
For really severe pink eye, you can use this same mix as an eye poultice by~
1) mixing the herbs w/a little bit of warm water
2) mix into a paste
3) cut a piece of gauze large enough to cover the infected eye
4) spread some of the paste onto the gauze and lay the poultice over the eye
5) use as often as needed
Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><