Thursday, July 11, 2013
Help for Chronic Ear Infections
Whether one is a child or an adult, ear problems can plague anyone. Children are more susceptible, but adults can get them, too, especially if water has gotten into the ear after swimming, or a shower, and left to fester or after a cold or flu.
I very best way, in my humble opinion, for quick relief is to use an herbal anti-biotic ear oil.
You will need:
~4-6 cloves of garlic
~5 oz of olive oil
~20-25 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
~15 drops of grapefruit seed extract
~small baking dish
~measuring cup with pour-spout
~1 oz-size amber dropper bottle
1) chop up the garlic cloves as fine as you can
2) place the chopped garlic in your small baking dish and cover with the olive oil
3) set your oven at it's lowest temperature and place the mixture in it over-night
4) the next morning, strain the oil, pressing well to get ALL of the garlic oil out as you can, into a liquid measuring cup w/a pour-spout
5) add the eucalyptus oil and grapefruit seed extract to the oil; mix well. Using one of those "baby" whisks works best
6) using the small funnel, carefully pour the blended oil into into the amber dropper bottle
Drop 2 drops into ear as much as needed, a minimum of 4 times per day during the height of the infection. Keep using for a week after you think the infection is gone. Just like taking all of your meds after an illness has passed, use for a while after your ear feels better to keep the anti-biotic of the garlic fighting any lingering infection.
Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><