Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Monday, October 15, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#169~ 10/15/12

For Today . . . 

Outside my window . . .over-cast fall skies, but the leaves on the trees are still so incredibly beautiful. Getting to the time when the Elms are golden & the Oaks are deep burgandy.

I am thinking . . . of our sweet Jessica ~ she would have been 27 years old today.

I am thankful . . . for our DD#1's up-coming wedding.

From the kitchen . . . mixed veggies & yellow rice.

I am wearing . . . khakis, black turtle-neck, grey cardigan sweater.

I am creating . . . a peaceful, Christ-centered home.

I am going . . . to run some errands before work.

I am wondering . . . how the weather will be this weekend.

I am hoping . . . that it's crisp with NO rain.

I am reading . . . "Herbal Medicine."

I am looking forward to . . . this weekend.

I am learning . . . that ya gotta let go. :'-)

Around the house . . . general pick up. I need to do my end of the season weeding. My little front garden looks like Jumanji.

One of my favorite things . . . Irish/English/Scottish cottages.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . preparation & calming of nerves. :-)

A favorite quote for the day . . . "Jesus met the deep, real needs of people's lives. He presented the Good News of God's Kingdom as one message for BOTH body AND soul . . . the paralyzed man's sins were forgiven & then he was healed; the demoniac was forgiven, exercised & healed . . . The Disciples preached for the same effect: the healing of body & soul." ~Sunday's sermon notes. Our guest pastor was Pastor John Mark from Gabon, Africa; via translator. Very cool.

Scripture thought . . . "'He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know Me?'" declares the LORD." ~Jeremiah 22:16

A picture thought for you . . . 
 The couple of the hour.
Read 100's of other Daybook's at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook!

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><   

2 comments:

  1. A very sweet picture of course. I always enjoy reading your day book entries. The scriptures and thoughts are always good ones.
    Calm those nerves and enjoy the week. I also like cottages. I have Irish and Scottish ancestors. I would love to visit there some day.
    Blessings Kim and keep on enjoy your special moments. I will look forward to more on the wedding plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnn, for your sweet encouragement. This is our 1st daughter to marry & we are excited, sad, happy . . . & everything in-between.

      Can't wait to share the photos!

      Blessings . . .

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails