Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#115~ 3/22/11


For Today . ..

Outside my window . . .
a little grey, sun trying to break through; typical Ohio spring weather.

I am thinking . . .
of how the news sometimes simply wears me out, but that's all the more reason to stay on our knees!

I am thankful for . . .
my new glasse
s that I got today!!! I broke & then lost my old pair w/bi-focals back in the summer & have been going back & forth from an old 15 yr old pair for distance & driving to a pair of readers for close up. :-/ No mon, no fun. So happy to have my bi-focals again! Thank you, Sears, for your special!

From the kitchen . . . I think I'll fix my chicken/stuffing/mushroom soup casserole tomorrow since 3 of the 4 of us will be here for supper. Hmmm...I might have to share that recipe w/you. :-)

I am wearing . . . jeans, blue shirt.

I am remembering . . .
my dear, sweet Grandma ~ Bigmom. Today would be her 124th birthday. How I wish she could have met my husband & daughters, she would have loved them so & they would have adored her.

I am going . . . to do some general cleaning, go to work at the health food store tonight.

I am reading . . .
Bible ~ Esther: for such a time as this!

I am hoping . . .
for a waterfall of answered prayer. Hoping that when it rains, it pours.

I am creating . . . a peaceful, Christ-centered home.

I am hearing . . .
the radio, typing fingers, my bracelet jangling as I type.

I am noticing . . .
that since I had to get regular bi-focals w/my new glasses instead of the no-lines, I actually like them better than I thought I would. Thank You, Lord.

Around the house . . .
general cleaning, picking up . . .

One of my favorite things . . . a sermon I can 'take home' & apply to my life.

Plans for the week . . .
family time, work, watching American Idol, Sunday worship w/the saints!!

Pondering these words . . .
I am treasured by God ~ the Creator of everything! There is something special about being chosen, loved & preferred. [from my sermon notes, based on Scripture below . . . ]

Scripture thought . . . Deut. 7:6 ~ "For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be His people, His treasured possession."

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you . . .

Since I don't have a picture of my Bigmom scanned, here's her 2nd McGuffey's Reader. I cherish anything she put her sweet hands to.

Read 100's of other Daybooks at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook!

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

3 comments:

  1. I too am tired of the news. I always wonder why they can't do more happy stories.
    I am glad you got your new glasses. For some reason my glasses caused a big sore on my nose; so now I am wearing contacts; which I don't like as much.
    I would love your recipe for the casserole. It sounded yummy.
    Thanks, for sharing your scripture thoughts. I love reading and studying the Bible. We are studying the New Testament this year in our church.
    Blessings to you! LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to come and say hello. Thank you for coming by today........it always makes me smile when I see Marmee's Pantry. It gives me a warm thought! Love your blog header. Sooooooo cute!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in that place where I need glasses to drive and readers - oh, my - me and my readers...will probably get bifocals in the near future - my husband has a new job - it is a blessing - and we have to wait 90 days for insurance - still don't understand that one.
    Love your book of days entries - so similar to mine - hope you have a terrifically blessed day,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails