Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#112~ 3/1/11


For Today...

Outside my window...
lovely, long-awaited sunshine! Blue skies, song birds returning, snow almost entirely melted. Cool winds.

I am thinking...
of my mother's declining health.

I am thankful for...being able to go to my mother last night. She had some sort of 'episode' & her memory & confusion was worse than usual. I was able to miss work & check on her, get her to eat & stay w/her for a few hours. She seemed much improved after she ate...I'm thinking she took some of her meds wrongly.

From the kitchen...
flax seed meal bread!

I am wearing...jeans, rust thermal Old Navy shirt.

I am remembering...
my precious Daddy. For some reason he's been on my mind for the couple of days. I can't believe he's been gone almost 12 years. My, my.

I am going...
to do some puttering around the house & go to work this afternoon.

I am reading...Bible; still waiting on my special ordered book to come in...tick...tick...tick. :-/

I am hoping...
for miracles! :-)

I am creating...
a peaceful, Christ-centered home.

I am hearing...
the radio, wind whipping by the window.

I am noticing...that the sweet little song birds are returning. Ahhh, spring!

Around the house...
anticipating planting my little kitchen garden.

One of my favorite things...
eating something I've grown from my little garden.

Plans for the week...
family time, work, keeping up w/my mom, writing a weekly devotional for our church newsletter, DD#2's 20th birthday!!! (YIKES! When did THAT happen?!) Sunday worship w/the saints.

Pondering these words...
"When you see God moving & active...get there!" ~Henry Blackabee.

Scripture thought...II Cor. 2:14-15 ~ "But thanks be to God, Who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ & through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved & those who are perishing."

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Enjoy 100's of other Daybooks at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook!

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

5 comments:

  1. Kim, I'm so glad that you were able to miss work last night and go to spend some time with your mother. It sounds as if she really needed that last night.

    I believe you have gardening on your mind...LOVE IT...and your picture thought, too!

    Have a wonderful day as we wait for that miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Simple Woman's Daybook entries they are so encouraging and uplifting. I hope your mom is feeling better today. It's difficult when those we love are not well. My father in law has dementia and it's difficult for our family sometimes.

    Rebecca- Meaningful Living

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, Nice to meet another home schooling Mom and Ohio blogger. I will try to catch up with you later today to see what you have been doing!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim so nice to have found you......your post has so touched me this day.....I too have been there with the caring for parents thing....so understand.....so compasionate......so praying for you sweetie......hope to visit again soon.....blessings~Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I love this week's picture thought.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails