Thursday, September 25, 2014
Preparing Your Own Tea Bags
If you are a hot tea drinker, how many times have you gone to a restaurant, ordered your tea and the waiter/waitress either brings you some weak, weird chamomile or an off-brand black tea that makes your heart nearly race out of your chest? Either way, it's NOT what you thought you were getting.
Wouldn't it be great if you could have the wonderful herb or medicinal teas you make at home anytime, anywhere you want? Well, guess what?! YOU CAN!
You can buy empty, fill-your-own tea bags at most health food stores and tea shops or you can order them from Frontier. They are SO easy to use . . .
1) open the unsealed end so that it is wide enough to fill with your herbs
2) If you need some ideas, click HERE for some of my medicinal tea blends
3) use any single herb or herb mix that your heart desires and fill your tea bags
4) with a hot curling iron, press the end that had been opened, count to 10 and . . . VOILA . . . custom made tea bags!
5) depending upon how many you make, you can store them in an air tight tea canister or canning jar until you are ready to use them OR carry them in your purse, like I do, in an old mint tin or even use a simple resealable sandwich bag.
Now ~ whether it's for medicinal use OR you just want what YOU want while away from home ~ you can enjoy your favorite tea anywhere, anytime you want. Just ask your waiter or waitress for hot water and a cup.
This is also a great option if you do not like using tea balls or infusers.
Let me know how much you like this :-)
Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><