Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Thursday, September 11, 2014

9/11 ~ Where Were You?

This is from my DD#2's Facebook post for today. I couldn't have expressed the feelings of the day any better than she did . . . 


"Where were you? It is one of the most popular questions asked every year on 9/11. Where were you? It is amazing how God created the mind; when a tragedy happens we remember it like it was yesterday. I was young when the towers fell; but still remember my day that day. I remember it being the most beautiful clear and sunny sky. I remember worrying about being late for band rehearsal and rolling my eyes at my mom because she said "just one more minute" before we could leave the house . I remember coming down my stairs and seeing my sister and my mom in the living room, sitting there very quietly and starring at the tv with stunned looks on there faces; and I looked at the screen, seeing one of the towers on fire. I ask what happened and they said a plane flew into one of the towers in New York. About 15 minutes later, as we are watching the first building still on fire, my mom was telling us girls that those buildings are so high that airplanes can fly right next to them. And then, we saw a second plane approaching the towers and within two seconds of seeing the plane, it disappeared and a huge ball of fire and smoke was coming out of the second tower. We were shocked and stunned at what we had just witnessed; I remember even the reporter on the tv was at a loss for words and after a few minutes to get over his shock, he said, " The United States is under attack!" For a little girl seeing this first hand, it sticks with you; watching people killing themselves by jumping out of the towers, seeing people bleeding and covered in dust, people trying to contact their loved ones, people finding out that their loved ones didn't make it, brave firefighters and police officers running into a building that they knew would collapse on top of them, yet they didn't care. If I have these kinds of memories by just watching on a screen, I can't even imagine what it's like for the families of these heroes, of the ones that worked in the building or just innocent bystanders to have to relive this every year. When the buildings collapsed, I just remember thinking. "may God have mercy on these people". It was one of those moments where you're just at a loss for words. 

As time has gone on we have forgotten about this day. We don't respect it, some people even tend to forget about it. I know we all have busy lives but is it really to much to ask that you take a moment out of your day for those who are grieving right now? Just say a quick prayer for them; they need it. I love my country, I love the men and women that fight for my freedom everyday, I love patriots and what they stand for. I have not forgotten. And I will not forget. Pray for the families of the ones that risked and gave their lives for this, because they are true heroes. God Bless ya'll and may God Bless The USA. Psalm 34:18"


Never forget.

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails