Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Easy, Healthy Trail Mix

I don't know about you, but I love a good salty~sweet taste combination. I also like to munch on a tasty trail mix from time-to-time; especially since we started on the Daniel Plan.

When I shop at my favorite bulk food store or health food market, I like to pick up various nuts, seeds, dried fruits and healthy treats and make my own trail mix. Let me say that I like raisins, but it seems to me that so many trail mixes are overrun with them ~ soooo ~ I fixed that situation by making my own.

When you buy your trail treats in bulk, you can save money ~ when you make your own trail mixes, you can save BIG money
This trail mix has pumpkin seeds, cashews, almonds, 
peanut butter stuffed pretzels 
and dark chocolate drops
Pick up your favorite nuts, seeds, dried fruits, dark chocolates and play around with your favorite combinations and what mixes meet any dietary needs you may have . . . stay away from any nuts you may be allergic to . . . make a gluten free mix . . . whatever YOU want . . .
  • raw cashews
  • roasted salted cashews
  • peanuts
  • peanut butter stuffed pretzels
  • pretzels
  • pumpkin seeds
  • macadamia nuts 
  • hazel nuts
  • dried figs
  • dried dates
  • dried apricots
  • dried bananas
  • raw almonds
  • roasted salted almonds
  • raisins
  • craisins
  • dried cherries
  • dried papaya
  • dark chocolate drops/chunks/wafers
  • Jordan almonds
  • dried pineapple
  • etc . . . 
Mix whatever combination you like and store it in a large freezer bag, canister or other air-tight container. Put a little out in a small bowl to snack on during your day, at your desk or when company comes over. Put some in a sandwich bag or small left-overs container and take to work or have on-hand in the car. Make your own personal mix as healthy or as decedent as you wish. 

And another good thing about it: NO COOKING! :-)

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

1 comment:

  1. I especially like the NO COOKING part! :) I love my different homemade granola recipes but if I didn't have to bake them or heat something up on the stove I'd make them a LOT more often! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails