Our friends posted this rosemary and sea salt cracker recipe that is suitable for the Daniel Plan on their Facebook and I JUST made it. Yes, the fragrance of warm, wonderful rosemary is still wafting through my home. **contented sight** And don't forget how healthy rosemary is for you, especially for women.
These crackers are low carb and gluten free. So . . . here's the recipe so you can enjoy them, too!
You Will Need:
~1-1/2 c almond flour
~1/2 ts Celtic sea salt
~2 TB coconut oil (melted)
~1 TB finely chopped fresh rosemary OR slightly ground-up dried rosemary
~1/4 ts black pepper
~parchment paper OR grape seed cooking spray
1) Preheat oven to 350* F
2) In a large bowl, combine the almond flour and sea salt
3) In a medium bowl, combine the melted and slightly cooled coconut oil, egg, ground rosemary and black pepper
**NOTE** You want the coconut oil to be melted and slightly cooled, being careful
that it's cool enough not to cook
the egg and still liquid enough to blend
4) Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix
5) Roll the dough between 2 pieces of EITHER waxed paper OR parchment paper until dough is about 1/4" thick
6) Cut the dough into even vertical strips ~ horizontally and vertically. I cut mine about the size of Wheat Thins (Makes about 36 crackers) **If some of your cut cracker edges are a little skimpy, simply press them onto a larger cracker with rough edges so that none is wasted.
7) Place the cracker pieces ~ with a little space in-between ~ on EITHER parchment paper OR a baking stone lightly sprayed with grape seed oil
**NOTE** At this point, I sprinkled a little
bit of Celtic sea salt over the crackers; you
could also use Kosher salt
8) Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden
Eat just the crackers alone or spread with cheese or hummus . . . mmmm . . . whatever you like.
Let me know how much you LOVE these easy, delicious, healthy crackers.
Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><