Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Mini-Blizzard of 2012

BRRR! What a day!

After a blessed and happy CHRISTmas, we had a day full of crazy weather. Our Ohio mini-blizzard afforded us a day when we were glad to be inside our warm home where we could bundle up in warm clothes, under comfy quilts, watching the movies we received as Christmas gifts and left-overs from Christmas dinner to nosh on through-out the day.

Here's a peek at what it looks like at our house . . . 
This was the view from our front porch looking across the road at mid-day ~ it was ONLY about 6" at this time.
Our front porch swing ~ retired for the winter ~ collected a dusting of snow at mid-day.
Poor little Maggie ~ it's hard to go potty when the snow is up to your . . . well . . . you know.
My hand is 7-1/2" from wrist to tip of middle finger ~ at mid-day my entire hand went all the way into the snow! We ended up with 10" by the time it stopped snowing in the late afternoon.
But we were snug in our house watching the snow from the warm side of the windows

Here are a few more shots of our CHRISTmas tree, that I showed you in an earlier post, and some favorite ornaments . . . 
This photo doesn't exactly do our tree "justice," but since we bought a rustic-real-looking tree (about 4 years ago) & cut down on the more glittery ornaments, took away the tinsel & started using the more vintage, rustic ornaments, I can't hardly stop admiring our tree. In person, it is simple and lovely to me. My favorite look of any trees we've had.
This ornament is in memory of our sweet dog, Hickory, a Sheltie. I'm sure you can guess that he was much loved.
A sweet cabin in the snowy woods.
And we HAVE to have SOMETHING with wolves on it!
A little somethin'-somethin' for THE Man. :-)
I love the red tartan & gunnysack ribbons on the brown wrapping paper.
And, as always, it is ALL about JESUS.

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

2 comments:

  1. You don't know how much you've influenced how I want to do some things at Christmas time next year, Kim! I loved your tree...and the way you decorated your gifts...I'm making notes with plans to carry through with it all for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all about our Savior. I love your tree it fits you perfectly. I really like the idea of wrapping gifts in brown paper. We did about the same thing here; we have snow and it's been movies and staying home.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails