Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Monday, July 23, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#161~ 7/23/12


For Today . . . 


Outside my window . . . going from a partly sunny morning to an over-cast day. I "hear" thunder in the radio, a storm must be coming in.


I am thinking . . . the my homeschool assessment appointment should be here by now.


I am thankful . . . to still be involved with the homeschool community. Wonderful people.


From the kitchen . . . yellow cake with chocolate icing. :-P


I am wearing . . . jeans, brown shirt.


I am creating . . . a peaceful, Christ-centered home.


I am going . . . to work later today. Monday's late hours.


I am wondering . . . where the person coming for our assessment appointment is. Hope everything is OK.


I am hoping . . . to see dear old friends this weekend.


I am reading . . . the new, BEAUTIFUL issue of Christian Women's Voice magazine.


I am looking forward to . . . my 35th class reunion this weekend. Wow! Can it really be that long?


I am learning . . . more & more each day, what extraordinary young women our daughters are. <3


Around the house . . . I have to weed my little front garden ~ it looks like Jumanji. :-/


One of my favorite things . . . fresh tomatoes & cucumbers out of the garden.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . . family time, work, doing a few homeschool assessments, hopefully some weeding, reading, blogging, class reunion, Sunday worship with the saints.


A favorite quote for the day . . ."Can't never did anything." ~my Daddy.


Scripture thought . . ."Do not be afraid of what they say or terrified by them though they are a rebellious house. You must speak My words to them, whether they listen or fail to listen, for they are rebellious . . . But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself." ~Ezekiel 2:6(b)-7; 3:19 . . . The Biblical version of "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink." I'm not meaning to make light of such a serious subject, but the truth of the matter is that we are responsible to tell others about salvation through repentance and faith in the death, burial & resurrection of Jesus Christ, but sadly, we can't MAKE someone accept it.


A picture thought for you . . . 
Another wonderful, homey, quaint, "The Quiet Man"-ish Irish cottage window. I just love that sweet little movie . . . can you tell?


Read 100's of other Daybooks at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook!

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

3 comments:

  1. As you know one of my daughter's homeschool so I tune in on homeschool thoughts. What is a homeschool assessment?
    I love the thought of yellow cake with chocolate. Mind you the Chocolate brought me to attention. Do have a blast at your High School Reunion. We are getting very old because our 50th will be in about 3 years. Scary on that one!
    I always enjoy your pictures and this was a sweet one.
    I also liked the scriptural warning. It is so true you can lead a horse to water but you can't force them to drink.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear LeAnn ~ In Ohio we had 2 options that serve as checks for homeschool families. You can either have an assessment done ~ that's where a certified teacher OR "a person mutually agreed upon by the parent & superintendent", like me, looks over samples of each student's school work & signs off on it that they are working at their best potential. Or they can take a test, like the Iowa Basics. Whichever they choose, has to be sent into the superintendent's office. I have been approved as "a person mutually agreed upon" b/c I was the county coordinator for 11 yrs & most of the local supers know me; I am also approved in many other local school districts in 4 other counties. :-)

      Have a great day! K~

      Delete
  2. I love the simplicity of your blog. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails