Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

An Article After My Own Heart!


How often, in our quest to shed a few pounds, has it occurred to you (as it does to me) that depriving ourselves of everything we love to eat in order to lose said pounds only makes us hate the word "diet" & begrudge the day we ever started? I have said for years that if meat & bread are some of the staples of life that completely depriving ourselves of one (ex: carbs in the Adkins Diet) or the other (ex: red meat in certain other diets or adopting a vegan lifestyle) simply can't be good for us.

How many of us have gone on these diets & as soon as we meet our goal ~ or simply give up ~ we go right back to our favorite, fatty foods & gain all the weight back again? (Me! Me! Pick me!)

I have had far greater success in losing and keeping weight off AND just being healthier by trying to eat something every 3 hours (as my work schedule will allow), giving myself a "free" day & eating more of a fresh, made-from-scratch diet. Whole foods, if you will. Sooo . . .

{The diagram on this shirt says: "Delicious . . . Tasty . . . Scrumptious . . . Mmm Good . . . Yummy." Love it}

Here's an article after my own heart ~ all those "bad foods" that "the experts" say are bad for us turn out to be good for us. Whoot! So, cook up some steak, eggs, whole wheat bread & spread on a little peanut butter while you're at it.

OF COURSE, this is all in moderation, a little goes a long way. Hope this gives you a little freedom & relief & brings a smile to your day.

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

4 comments:

  1. Amen sister...will definitely be reading this article after commenting here.

    Blessings,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I agree, eat the foods you want, just don't eat it all at one setting! Eating every 3 hrs keeps us not only satisified but fuels our body at a better ratio..less is more..who knew?
    ~~HUGS~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take it from an old chick who's been there and done that. We all know 'diets' don't work but lifestyle changes do. I tweaked our favorite foods to make 'em healthier. Ya gotta cheat every now and then...in moderation. We call Sundays 'cheat day'. When I made it all about the health instead of weight the pounds just came off. Woohoo!!! I've kept it off now for over six years and I'm not goin' back baby!!! Heeehehehe!!!

    Your a smart cookie...it took years of yo~yoin' before I learned this.

    Have yourself a terrifically blessed Tuesday!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this post, Kim. I can relate to everything there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails