Thursday, April 21, 2011
Anti-Fungal Foot Powder
Here it is the end of April & whether you were blessed to have visited a warmer climate for your Easter/Spring break or not, at the very least you are welcoming the warmer weather. You may even be thinking about that Summer vacation at the beach or lake or pool or a "stay-cation" in your own back yard. Whatever way you will be spending your summer days, you'll probably be spending at least some of it in sandals, flip-flops or bare-foot so NOW is the time to get those tootsies healthy!
Some of us stand on our feet at our jobs, some are runners, some wear work-boots or cowboy boots all day, some wear high heels . . . but nearly all of us will experience sweaty, stinky feet at some time or other. :-/ And with sweaty, stinky feet can come . . . athlete's foot. (Que the Psycho music !!) I have found a great recipe that you can put in an old shaker bottle (either an old athlete's foot powder bottle, a large herb shaker bottle or an old Kraft's Parmesan cheese shaker bottle). It keeps indefinitely, so you can always have it on-hand right when you need it.
Here's what you need:
~1/2-3/4 c. white cosmetic clay (**arrowroot powder can be substituted)
~1 TB powdered goldenseal (**organic is best)
~1 TB powdered black walnut hulls
~1 ts tea tree essential oil (1 of God's greatest gifts, this should be in EVERY medicine cabinet)
1) With a whisk, combine the powders & THEN add the tea tree oil
2) Again, use a whisk until it's completely mixed together
3) Let mixture dry; about 1/2 hr
4) Using a cooking funnel, carefully pour into a shaker-type bottle (b/c powder will go everywhere)
5) Apply to your feet as needed; try pouring some of the powder into your socks or footies before you put them on instead of directly to your feet (but that works, too :-D)
Counting the days til Summer with you . . .
Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><