Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#109~ 2/8/11


For today...

Outside my window...
woke up to new snow this morning. Grrreeeat...just what we needed. :-/

I am thinking...
that I hope DD#2 feels better soon.

I am thankful for...
being able to be w/my mom for her 81st birthday. I got her out of the house; we went out to eat & I took her to the health food store I work at, she has never been there. I'm hoping that this will not be the last birthday she remembers.

From the kitchen...lots of tea, chicken broth & soup for DD#2. Personally, I could go for a Whopper (sigh).

I am wearing...
jeans, fuchsia thermal shirt, light brown hoodie, warm socks.

I am remembering...
lists, lists, lists...I'm a list & calendar person or it simply doesn't get done.

I am going...
to take DD#2 to work (hoping that she makes it through the whole day), run errands, go to work tonight.

I am reading...Bible
; new issue of Country Sampler.

I am hoping...
that DD#2 feels better, I do SO hate to see my kids being sick...no matter how old they are; & I'm hoping for answered prayer.

I am creating...
a peaceful, Christ-centered home.

I am hearing...radio, Maggie's little feet trotting over the kitchen floor, DD#2 getting ready for work.

I am noticing...
how brave & selfless our DD#2 is. <3

Around the house...
nothing much today, which is good. :-)

One of my favorite things...serving a living Savior Who loves me enough to pay the ransom for my many, many sins.

Plans for this week...
family time, work, worship practice, Sunday worship w/the saints!

Pondering these words...
"Every sin can be traced back to the belief in a lie." ~from The Truth Project.

Scripture thought...John 18:37 ~ "Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to Me." [emphasis mine ~KW<><]

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


Enjoy 100's of other Daybooks at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook!

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

3 comments:

  1. Kim, no snow for us today, sun the next 3-4 days, but it is windy....it is around 30 before the wind, hope you have a great day, it sounds like you are cozy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, as always, Kim. I am so sorry that your DD#2 has been so sick. Hope she'll soon be feeling all better.

    Grateful you were able to spend some quality time with your mom for her birthday. I do continue to pray.

    And your picture thought is SO thought provoking, considering we are His sheep.

    Hugs to you, dear one. I'm headed over to Peggy's and see about doing my own Day Book entry. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your thoughts today. We had a big snowstorm last night and this morning we were greeted with sunshine.
    Enjoy those moments with your Mother. I took care of my Mom for the last few months of her life. We would often go our for lunch and she only wanted to go to Taco Bell. It would take her an hour to eat. We did have plenty of conversation; which is now great memories. Enjoy the moments! LeAnn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails