Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Just Had to Show You . . .

I'm sorry that I haven't been posting as much this month . . . but . . . well . . . 'Tis the Season and between work schedules, shopping, making gifts, baking and seasonal ministry opportunities, we have just been flat-out BUSY.

But . . . I just HAD to show this jar of yummy goodness.


This morning was the health food market's little employee meeting/CHRISTmas-secret-name-gift exchange. We had a very low $$ amount for our gifts (thankfully) and we all know that home-made is ALWAYS good, right? :-) Well, our manager, Amy, had drawn my name and ~ WOW ~ I'm glad she did! Because inside the gift bag she gave me was this gorgeous, delicious jar of homemade blackberry jam! Do you see how BIG that is?!?! *contented sigh*
OH . . . MY . . . WORD! This will be SO GOOD on my homemade bread with a lovely cup of my Sit By the Fire Tea.

I'm a happy camper. :-D 

Gotta go ~ I'm hungry!

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I absolutely LOVE blackberry jam, and homemade???? :) I'm making old-fashioned thumb-press cookies with it this year. SO, so delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless this dear one's heart! Blackberry jam! I just finished making up a few bags for my hubby to take to work tomorrow...stuck in a jar of my Pineapple Rhubarb jam made from our rhubarb. :) Enjoy that yummy treat...like you have to be told to enjoy. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I mostly lurk on your blog, but this- THIS jam has me posting. OH MY is right ... mmm, I can just taste it now on homemade bread. Funny, I was out driving today and drove past the lane on Emerick Rd. where my g'parents used to live. When continuing on home up Rangeline, I found myself taken back to the memory of food cooked on a cast iron wood-fired stove. Honestly, the BEST food ever came off this stove, especially g'mas homemade bread. It truly was the best. She would make homemade jam with the berries us kids had picked and brought in late summers after running through the fields. I used to so enjoy her jam spread on a chunk of her bread, and nothing could beat this snack on a cold winter's day (the bread would still be warm). So, here I relived these lovely memories today, then finally had a chance to blog-surf my favorites and I see your post!! G'ma sure is on my mind, she usually is this time of year. Christmas was her favorite!! I hope you have a blessed weekend!
    In Him~
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What sweet, sweet memories. I love remembering my dear grandparents . . . and now, my own parents. I hope we all make sweet memories for our families this year. Blessings . . .

      Delete
  4. My mouth is watering; I can almost smell the homemade bread and then to add the jam; that is way sweet.
    Blessings for this one and have a wonderful Christmas celebration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails