Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Word-Filled Wednesday ~#15~ 12/15/10 ~ The Shepherd's Good News


PASSAGE: Luke 2:8-20 [selected verses] ~ And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks by night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a Baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."


Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,


"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom His favor rests."


So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the Baby, Who was lying in the manger. When they had seen Him, they spread the word...and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them.

[all emphasis mine ~ KW<><]


LESSON LEARNED: How precious is our Lord in not only choosing a carpenter's young family to raise His Son, but to have chosen the lowest of the low, shepherds, to announce His birth?


Our Lord wasn't born into a palace of kings, nor even into a wealthy family. God didn't send His angels to the Town Crier, nor did He announce Jesus' birth on beautifully written stationary. But He chose a lonely, tired, uneducated, smelly little band of shepherds. When the Bible tells us that "they were terrified", I'm sure that would be an understatement! But whatever they saw, whatever they heard, whatever they were told, was so startling & so important that they couldn't wait to go find the new-born King.


And when they saw Him...oh, and when they saw Him...they worshipped. In all their humility...they worshipped. In all their astonishment that what they saw had been no dream...they leaned forward on trembling knees...and saw...and worshipped.



What would you do? What WILL you do? Will you see? Will you worship? Will you go tell?


Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

{Be sure to leave a link to YOUR Word-Filled Wednesday!}

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment. I looked at my stats and I get 1 or 2 occasional views :-/ lol. But I need to work on posting more meaningful comments on others so people will come see me I guess! Thanks for the help and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thought provoking post.
    I would bow down and worship the King. I will praise the Lord for all His wonderful goodness. I will look to see Christ in everything. I will worship and I will share my experience.
    Hugs & blessings to you~ Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love the Nativity story; and I enjoyed your thoughts today. I love Christmas and all the true meaning of it. I love the Lord Jesus Christ and am grateful to enjoy celebrating his birth.
    Hugs to you! LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, Kim! I pray that my heart will always be open to Him and that I will tell the good news...

    Blessings to you,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, again,

    I have a 'Word Filled Wednesdays' question! I left the same question with Nancy earler, also.

    When we write a new post, do we leave our name and URL each time, if not, how do we link up with everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim I love your meditation today! Humility. The Lord always delights in choosing the 'little ones' to be given great graces! blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marsha! Yes, please leave your name &, if you want, you can leave your URL. Otherwise, readers may click on your blog name (ex: Heart Song) b/c it is an automatic link to your blog. :-) But either way ~ just let us know that you are participating, too. Thanks for asking, I'm sure others had the same question.

    I'm on my way to read yours!

    Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful post, Kim! Thank you so much for words to ponder.

    And may I ask where you get all of the beautiful pictures you use under your header? They are always in such good taste.

    I saw on your FB page that you have really bad driving conditions today. I went in shortly after 9:00 this morning to take a shower and when I came out 20 minutes later I couldn't believe how the snow was coming down! We are predicted to only get 3 inches of snow...but at this rate I have to believe it will be more than that. What I hope misses us is the freezing rain that is to start this afternoon. I called Carroll at work and told him what it was doing here, because he has to come across the mountains to get home. Hate the thought of him coming over it in freezing rain. Trying to remember "what time I am afraid I will trust in Thee" and that He gives perfect peace to those whose mind is stayed on Him!

    Hugs to you, my friend in Ohio. We seriously need to consider finding a way to get together one day.

    Love,
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dianna ~ Oooo, I hope you don't get that ice & that your hubby makes it home carefully & surely.

    As for the header pictures ~ I get many of them either from Google Images (type in a topic: ex: Christmas pantry) or my own photos; but the last 2 (the farm w/the pony, lamb, etc. & the one w/the house & barn w/the light casting a cross on the snow) are actually CHRISTmas cards that I've scanned! The one w/the animals was from a friend years ago & the one w/the house & barn is one that I sent out years ago & kept one to put out every year. :-)

    YES! We MUST must get together one of these days on THIS SIDE of Heaven!

    Love & blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails