Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thank You, North Dayton CHEA!!

Thank you, North Dayton Home Educators Assoc (NDCHEA) for inviting me to speak to your support group. You all are a great group!!

It's always nice to meet the early arrivals. I even got to see some familiar faces. :-)

Everyone's gathered & getting ready to be encouraged to homeschool high school. And I hope you were...the high school years were some of my favorite. Believe it or not, for those of you who are approaching those years in your homeschool, the high school years are some of the easiest & most fun. And...praise the Lord for fathers who take an active role in their homeschools!

Here's the whole group! It was great to meet you all, hope you enjoyed it & were encouraged to carry on.

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

3 comments:

  1. Kim,
    I am sure you were just an awesome and inspiring speaker and encourager to these parents desiring to stay in the fight and finish well. High school can be easy because they are more independent to do their studies on their own and check in with you. It can also be hard if you can't teach some of the subjects and you need outside sources and resources for them to go to for additional info. Community colleges can be extremely useful for that. No matter how poorly I felt I did with those last years, My first three are persevering and moving on with success. Kat my oldest was her own instructor basically ...independent and driven. She has finished the first step in her journey - an AA in Criminal Justice and getting ready to rev up again this fall maybe after she pays off her loans. Justin my second did extremely well on the ASVAB testing for the military, and is now a Marine in Afghanistan...still taking study courses in spare time. (leadership stuff) and Jonny is in a physical/personal training study program that is his first step in exploring the "personal trainer" options as a careeer. He is enjoying studying medical terminology right now. He was studying psychology, but has switched over to something he is more drawn to.
    Kam my 16 year old is just still plugging through these last years here. Getting out of the house and having other "instructors" is a good thing in these high school years...though. They need to begin to gradually break away and out. You are great to help others!!! kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kim, for being a blessing to those who need encouragement through some of those last years of homeschooling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure they were encouraged and blessed. I don't understand folks sending their children back to school for highschool. To me, thats the most important time to keep up with homeschooling. I KNOW where my children are, who they are with, what they are hearing and studying. This is also when they can become extremely grounded in their faith and morals. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails