Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~#68~ 3/2/10


For Today...

Outside my window...dreary & grey, deceptively cold. Grass is FINALLY showing through the snow!

I am thinking...about money...& the lack, thereof. Don't want to, but I am.

I am thankful for...a hard-working Christian husband who loves me & our girls. Because of the grace of God & DH's hard work, we still have our home & cars. It's been a very hard year.

From the kitchen...Hmmm...just a simple lunch. Not sure about supper.

I am wearing...jeans, green long-sleeved t-shirt, blue shawl in our chilly computer/laundry/school room.

I am remembering…my grand-pa...thanks to Dear Dianna's blog entry.

I am going…to a ladies retreat planning meeting tonight. Because of the economy, not too many ladies signed up, so we need to go to Plan B & probably arrange a 'retreat night.'

I am reading...my NEW Bible!! I've really enjoyed transferring my MANY, MANY notes from my old Bible to my new one. I'm VERY visual, so there's alot to transfer. But it's been so good to re-read old margin notes & what I had underlined in passages that I haven't read for a while.

I am hoping...that my DH will find his dream job, SOON, so that he can get out of the temp job he has now. Not only is it not as much as he was making before his lay-off, but I can tell it wears on him not knowing how long the job will last.

On my mind…my mom. Her dementia is getting worse & she is hardly ever happy anymore.

I am creating...a peaceful home. A haven of rest & love for my family to land.

I am hearing...the radio.

Noticing that…the songbirds are returning! Over the weekend, we had deer tracks in our yard.

Pondering these words…When I boast about myself, I start heading down a unrealist path...I will never live up to the hype. GOD is the Source of it all! My boasting is in HIM & how HE works in my life! {From Sunday's sermon notes.}

Around the house...a little laundry, bread baking, mopping the kitchen & downstairs bathroom floors...

One of my favorite things...light dancing in my daughters' eyes when they are laughing & happy.

A Scripture thought..."...what I want is not your possessions but you..." ~ II Cor. 12:14.

A few plans for the rest of the week...ladies' retreat meeting tonight, taking DD#2 to/from work, a dulcimer demonstration at an elementary school, DD#2's 19th birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

My sweet DD#2 last year on her 18th birthday. She's still just as beautiful ~ inside & out! '-)


Blessings from Ohio, Kim Wolf<><

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post. I can relate to so many things that you've written!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is also looking for a job. He used to be a children's pastor, and we have felt the call to return to children's ministry. He's been sending resumes for what seems like forever at this point, and then, at the end of October, he lost his full time job. It's very wearing on a man when he can't provide the way he is used to. I've prayed for your family, especially your husband, as I've read the posts when you've mentioned this. I'll keep doing so, Kim. Your posts still maintain an incredible reliance on God, and that is very encouraging to me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails