Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Friday, July 8, 2016

Homemade Liquid Roll-On Deodorant


I am always on the lookout for my next favorite homemade personal care item. And I have found another one!

For years, I have made my own homemade SOLID deodorant and I absolutely love it. It works so very well and lasts a long time. But a couple of months ago, I saw a recipe from Mountain Rose Herbs for a LIQUID roll-on deodorant that was just too good not to try. And now, I think I have a new favorite.

And, of course, I HAD to play with it a little and make it more my own, so here is my recipe:


I changed 2 of the suggested essential oils . . . 

Clary Sage not only lends a yummy herbal fragrance, but it is a known odor-cutter. If you know someone who suffers from chronic body odor, clary sage will reduce the odor immensely. 

Lavender not only calms down our senses but calms down any skin issues. If you gave yourself a little knick while shaving your underarms, lavender will take the edge off of the pain, but it's anti-bacterial properties will helps stop any bacteria and inflammation.

Frankincense is ALWAYS good for skin. It also has anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and skin healing properties. Frankincense helps anything to do with the skin for any skin type.

You Will Need:

~1-1/2 TB witch hazel
~1/2 TB vegetable glycerin
~1/2 ts pink sea salt (aka: Himalayan, "real" salt)
~5 drops clary sage essential oil
~5 drops lavender essential oil
~4 drops frankincense essential oil
~1 oz. size roll-on bottle (mine is from Mountain Rose Herbs)

Directions:

1) Add oils to the bottle, first
2) Add sea salt
3) Add witch hazel and vegetable glycerin
4) attach the roll-ball top securely
5) shake before each use

Be sure to let me know who much you love your new deodorant.

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails