Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Word-Filled Wednesday ~#38~ Do You Know Who You Are?

PASSAGE: "God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: "I AM has sent me to you."'" ~Exodus 3:14

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace to me was not without effect." ~I Cor. 15:10

LESSON LEARNED: We all have our own stories to tell. Moses killed a man and stuttered, yet he became a spokesman for God; David committed adultery and had a man killed, yet God called him a man after His own heart; Rahab was a prostitute, yet she is in the lineage of Jesus. Amazing, isn't it, that God can take our retched, dirty, weak B.C. lives and wash us clean and shiny like a brand new penny? And in our life stories, no matter where we came from, He ~ and only He ~ turns those stories up-side-down, plays the ultimate trick on the devil, and redeems us from the slavery of sin to live life eternal with Him in heaven.

Amazing. Simply amazing.

So, are you really aware of who you are as an adopted child of THE One and Only God? Here's just a glimpse:

~YOU, yes, YOU are a child of the One and Only God (John 1:12)
~YOU have been bought with a price and YOU belong to God (I Cor. 6:19-20)
~YOU are redeemed and YOUR sins are forgiven (Col. 1:13-14)
~Because of Jesus, YOU have direct access to the very Throne of God (Heb. 4:14-16)
~YOU are free of the devil's condemnation against you and YOU cannot be separated from the love of God (Romans 8:31-39)
~YOU are God's temple, the Holy Spirit lives in YOU (I Cor. 3:16)

As I said, this is just a glimpse. In those days when the devil tries to get you down, get out this little list and remind yourself: Because of Jesus, THIS is who I am!

"Since you are precious and honored in My sight, and because I love you." ~Is. 43:4

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

3 comments:

  1. Hello there! I've received a couple blog awards this week, and I'm nominating you for the same for the beautiful job you've done here! Love visiting your blog :) So, hop on over to the "cafe" for a virtual hug, and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, beautiful post....thank you for posting.

    AMEN...AMEN!!!

    Blessings,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. the touching simplicity of how you have shared this with us will help more of us than you may ever know.....THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails