Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Monday, May 14, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ #154 ~ 5/14/12


For Today . . . 

Outside my window . . . the sun shining through some morning haze; lovely green trees.

I am thinking . . . of all I need to do today, thankful for the good health to be able to do it.

I am thankful . . . for my wonderful family. We had so much fun just going out to eat, yesterday, for Mother's Day. I am blessed far more than I deserve.

From the kitchen . . . nothing today. :-/ Eating on the fly while I run some errands before working the late shift.

I am wearing . . . jeans, rust shirt.

I am creating . . . a peaceful, Christ-centered home.

I am going . . . to run some errands.

I am wondering . . . about an opportunity.

I am reading . . . "The Jefferson Lies" by David Barton. Excellent.

I am hoping . . . to start another renovation project.

I am looking forward to . . . all the projects being finished! lol

I am learning . . . to listen more & to pray for wisdom as to how to respond to what others are saying.

Around the house . . . I need to buy a new vacuum cleaner. :-(

One of my favorite things . . . all of the family being together enjoying good food & lots of laughter.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . family time, work, worship practice, shopping the farm stores w/a dear friend, Sunday worship w/the saints.

A favorite quote for the day . . . "If there is no pressure, there are no precious gems; If there is no fire, there is no gold; If there is no pain, there are no pearls."

Scripture thought . . ."Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." ~ Hebrews 11:1. "Everyone has 'a faith' & it defines their life, their beliefs & how they live their life. Faith is the core of my life; foundational to who I am & how I live. Jesus' teachings are my foundation (~Matt. 7:26)." ~notes from Sunday's sermon.

A peek into my day . . . 
 Still hoping & dreaming about opening a little bulk food store like this.

Read 100's of other Daybooks at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook!

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

4 comments:

  1. I like shopping at the Amish Bulk Store and at the Farmers and the Farmer's Market when it is open with the fresh veggies....sounds like you had a nice Mothers Day as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have great Mother's Day, hope you did, too, Mitzi!

      K~

      Delete
  2. Another fun Daybook entry. I always enjoy your thoughts on your day. I liked the idea of the Farm shopping; I just need you to explain what that is. I loved the quote, also. Keep on that peaceful Christ-centered home and I will too.
    Blessings to you, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to hear from you, LeAnn. To explain the farm stores, I live in rural county, next to another rural county ~ we have a people group in this area that is chip off the ol' block of the Amish, they are called Old Order German Baptists. I don't know all the fine details that distinguish between the two, but they live, dress, don't have electricity & travel by horse & buggy like the Amish. The more "liberal" of them (those w/electricity & cars) are simply Germen Baptists. Many of them have stores on their farms ~ at one farm I get my eggs & milk, at another is a bulk food store (note the pictures above) & another have a "scratch-n-dent" little discount grocery. I blogged about them a couple of years ago, you can read about them & see pictures here:
      http://marmeespantry.blogspot.com/2010/01/inside-farm-stores.html

      K~

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails