Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Monday, May 7, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ #153 ~ 5/7/12


For Today . . . 

Outside my window . . . sunny morning turning into over-cast ahead of some rain coming in.

I am thinking . . . that I am getting irritated w/my PC stalling! Argh!

I am thankful . . . having a PC to use in-between stalls, :-) & for our long-awaited, much-needed vacation.

From the kitchen . . . a new batch of laundry detergent, a loaf of flaxseed bread (I usually bake bread on Tuesday's, but my work schedule has changed).

I am wearing . . . jeans, charcoal gray "John's Pass Village, FL" shirt, yellow hoodie (a hoodie b/c THE Man has allergies & keeps the a/c on ~ brrr).

I am creating . . . a peaceful, CHRIST-centered home.

I am going . . . to do some cleaning, errands, & work the late-shift.

I am wondering . . .  when, where & how for something.

I am reading . . ."The Jefferson Lies" by David Barton. AWESOME! Can't hardly put it down. If you are homeschooling Jr/Sr high students you MUST include this as part of your curriculum . . . & read it for yourself.

I am hoping . . . for God to save our country.

I am looking forward to . . . a coming celebration.

I am learning . . . that God's timing is not my timing . . . again. :-/

Around the house . . . finally cleaning up after our vacation. Last week was such a whirlwind ~ going back to work immediately after our return, church obligations, family, etc. ~ that this weekend & this week will see more "home" duties completed.

One of my favorite things . . . arriving at a vacation destination AND arriving home. :-) Isn't it funny how no matter how much fun we have on vacation that it's always so good to come home?

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . House cleaning/repairs, getting my little herb garden in before Mother's Day & transplanting my oregano & rosemary back into the garden; family time, work, church.

A favorite quote for today . . . "God pursued me even when I was unaware. He loves me so much that He pursued me until I knew Him. He pursues me from the cross until His return." ~notes from Sunday's Sermon.

Scripture thought . . ."Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now He has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in His sight, without blemish and free from accusation ~ if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the Gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven . . . " ~Colossians 1:21-23

A peek into my day . . . 
I want this laundry room!

Read 100's of other Daybooks at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook!

Blessings from Ohio . . . Kim<><

1 comment:

  1. I do love the pictures of the laundry room; it is one to want. Loved your daybook entry and the peek into your day. Whenever I come home from a vacation I have a hard time getting myself back into my real life. I see that you have jumped right in. Keep on having your Christ-centered home. I enjoyed your thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails