Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Welcome to Marmee's Pantry

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Correcting Revisionist History

I love American history & I do believe that Sunday's sermon on the faith of our Founding Fathers, "America's Christian Heritage", was the best I've ever heard. Some things I knew, some things I had forgotten & some things were new & encouraging to me.

Here are a few points of interest, w/a few points added in by me...

~~Of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence, 52 were DEEPLY committed Christians, 27 were seminary graduates, 2 became Presidents.

~~John Jay, the 1st Chief Justice of the Supreme Court said, "We MUST elect Christian leaders for our Christian nation."

~~In 1857, the Supreme Court ruled that the New Testiment MUST be taught in school.

~~At the urging of Ben Franklin (one of the only 2 deiest that the re-writers of history always bring up), our Founders knelt upon their knees in prayer so that there would be no bickering, they would think clearly & to implore the leading to God before they wrote the United States Constitution.

~~The Founders recognized that we are a part of God's creation & HE holds all authority over us.

~~In the Congressional Record, 94% of ALL of the Founding Father's quotes are based upon Scripture!

~~"Unalienable" ("inalienable") = Non-transferable; God-given & NO MAN can take them away!

~~David Barton, of Wall Builders, correctly says that Americans are being lied to when told that the Founders were NOT Christians! REMEMBER: 52 of the 56 were committed Christians!

~~EVERY monument in Washington D. C. (until the RECENT WWII monument) has Scripture &/or some referrence to God.

~~America's government is patterned after Biblical principles. Our 3 branches of government came from Isaiah 33:22: "For the Lord is our Judge [Judicial], our Lawgiver [Legislative], & our King [Executive]. It is He Who saves us."

~~In honor of George Washington, the Washington Monument is 550' tall & NOTHING in Washington D.C. may be built taller than it.

~~At the dedication, it was most important that a Bible be laid in the cornerstone.

~~Inscribed upon the capstone of the Washington Monument is "Laus Deo", which means "Let God be praised!" This is NO coincidence!

~~President George Washington's Farewall Address ended w/an earnest prayer for God's blessing "through Jesus Christ our Lord"!!

And THAT was only the beginning...Lest we forget.

Blessings from Ohio...Kim<><

6 comments:

  1. I've been watching the PBS series Civil War. The music reminds me of that. I would like to know what it is so I can look for it. I enjoyed reading your post. I love history. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the music. It is from the Civil War Soundtrack. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post....I love CORRECT history and not what liberals have changed history to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for reminding me that our country was founded on Christian principles. It's good to be reminded. I wanted to let you know I have been following your blog. I was so encouraged I decided to start my own.

    Have a great weekend,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this and will have to share with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My pastor did a 4th of July sermon all about America's Christian roots...it was fascinating, honest, undeniable....and my favorite part was an 1892(?) Supreme Court ruling that stated clearly that America was a Christian nation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails